Brick Lane Music Hall Tours
Read MoreShow Less
Located in London’s Docklands, Brick Lane Music Hall takes its name from its original premises in the East End. From Victorian-style music hall shows to modern productions, the community venue’s song-and-supper events are noted for their inclusive atmosphere, and provide unique insight into the city’s cultural heritage.
Choose between a matinee or evening performance, accompanied by afternoon tea, lunch, or dinner, depending on the time. A costumed cast will take you back to a bygone era through song, dance, and comedy. Larger groups can take advantage of discount rates. After the evening show, the venue offers bar service and dancing until midnight.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Don’t be misled by the name: Brick Lane Music Hall is now located about 6 miles west of Brick Lane itself.
- The variety show is a must-see for anyone interested in traditional entertainment.
- The space is wheelchair-friendly, with a level entrance, accessible bathrooms, and inclusive seating arrangements.
How to Get There
The venue is a 10-minute walk from Pontoon Dock, on London’s DLR line; or five minutes from the Thames Barrier Park bus stop, which is served by several local buses. Private parking for cars and minibuses is also available on-site.
When to Get There
The music hall’s program is updated regularly, offering a variety of year-round entertainment. Visitors looking for an immersive London experience may enjoy the venue’s holiday events, such as pantomimes and Christmas cabarets.
British music halls date back to around 1850, and were popular well into the 20th century, before the ascent of movies, radio, and television. The variety show venues combined three beloved British staples: drinking, dining, and sing-a-longs. Many music hall-style songs are still familiar today, including “I Do Like to Be Beside the Seaside,” “Maybe it's Because I'm a Londoner,” and “Daisy Bell (Bicycle Built for Two).”
0 Tours and Activities to Experience Brick Lane Music Hall
No results found!
Things to do near London
- Things to do in Chatham
- Things to do in Stansted Mountfitchet
- Things to do in Kingston
- Things to do in Horley
- Things to do in Canterbury
- Things to do in Cambridge
- Things to do in Oxford
- Things to do in Bruges
- Things to do in Lille
- Things to do in Ghent
- Things to do in Cardiff
- Things to do in The Hague
- Things to do in South East England
- Things to do in East of England
- Things to do in Nord-Pas de Calais